We can help you to recruit and select
the best staff more cost effectively
than any recruitment agency
Attracting and selecting the right person for the job is such a vital activity.
The whole process of recruitment can be very time consuming, expensive and can also bring with it many dangers especially with the current employment legislation around equal opportunities and discrimination – you have to be very careful!
The costs of getting it wrong can be very expensive indeed! If you think that the costs associated with recruiting the wrong person are bad enough, the costs can be even higher for you both in monetary and in reputation terms if you discriminate throughout the recruitment process even if you did not do it knowingly!
We can put your mind at rest by getting the best person for the job and at the same time make sure that you do everything by the book from a legal perspective.
We can help you with your one-off appointments or major recruitment drives by completing the whole process or a part of the process like writing a particular job description or selection criteria – no job is too big or small.
Here is a list of the recruitment services that we can help you with:
- Identifying the requirements and need for the role
- Job design
- Benchmarking salaries
- Designing job and person descriptions
- Recommending most appropriate advertising methods
- Designing advertisements
- Placing advertisements
- Applicant information pack design
- Candidate screening
- Candidate profiling
- Long listing applicants
- Short-listing applicants
- Designing assessment centres
- Running assessment centres
- Practical based selection exercise design
- Psychometric assessments
- Pre-employment checks & gathering references
- Design offer letter and contract of employment
- Design and delivery of Induction training
- Discrimination and equal opportunities audit
You will hear those running businesses say that “people are our most valuable resource”, and, “our people are our differentiator”. Add to this that they are also typically the most expensive resource. But factually they are also the resource we know least about. Yet we still see organisations making decisions on hiring based on personal judgment, experience and other subjective criteria. Yet, we know that research indicates that replacing a member of staff costs between 75% and 200% of their salary. And that’s an expensive subjective judgment to make.
At MTD we use our Occupational Psychologists, specifically designed systems, and staff that have a highly practiced scientific approach to recruiting the best talent available. Every business is different, has its own recruitment market and specialist needs. Moreover, it’s fine getting people with the right skills into the roles, but often forgotten is the essential cultural fit to the business.
Our capabilities are extensive, and we can help in the following areas (seeselection also):
- Undertake needs analysis to ensure you are specifying the role against current and future business needs.
- Undertake a cultural study to define the cultural requirements of the business, and, as importantly, the brand expectations from interactions with your customers. If customer interaction does not match your brand expectations, then satisfaction is reduced.
- Design your very own recruitment system with your users in mind, including:
- Corporate branded vacancy interface.
- Recruiting manager controls as customizable or not as required (if you have many managers using the system, you may wish to ensure consistency in the recruitment methodology).
- Pre-targeted job board posting of adverts based on research of quantity and quality of likely candidates.
- Automated tracking and candidate management.
- On-line candidate testing.
- And many other features configured to your precise needs.
- We can even control the whole process on your behalf from vacancy to final interview. The example below shows how we have designed a whole process pre-packed with consistent template and a full guide to recruitment and selection for over 40 recruiters in a single business.
Assessment & Selection
We work closely with our clients to define the specific behaviours and skills required to recruit, develop and grow the talent in their organisation and make their businesses highly successful against current and future needs. Our models are grounded in scientific principles and utilised by our Psychology and HR professionals, and always evidence or data-led.
Using this information we create high potential assessment events that are firmly grounded in the client’s business strategy and drivers and are therefore uniquely positioned to predict which ‘high flying’ individuals will bring real future value to the organisation.
Assessment and selection in the talent context can be both internal and external and we use emotional intelligence and learning ability, which research has shown are far superior predictors of an individual’s ultimate potential.
Our design can be both bespoke and off-the-shelf for tighter budgets. Combined with our recruitment methodologies, our clients can access the best talent available with greater assurance to them fitting the role and the business culture.
Our services include:
- Job analysis
- Application and CV screening
- Interviewing and interviewer training
- Recruitment assessment
- Talent management and Talent assessment
- Restructure assessment
- High potential assessment
- Competency design
- Behavioural exercise design
- Assessment centre facilitation
- In-depth one to one psychometric assessment
- Leadership potential and motivation interviewing
- Validation and statistical analysis
Research has shown a direct correlation between employee engagement and financial results. Employee Engagement is the level to which employees are emotionally and intellectually vested in the work, their team, organisation, its customers, products and services. Engagement employees are more motivated, committed to stay and work beyond expectations.
Although there have been a number of studies defining the main factors for an engaged workforce, each business has its own unique set of factors that lead to an engaged workforce – the drivers. We define these by working with our clients to understand which are critical for ensuring financial, operating, sales and service delivery and growth. We then design and launch an online employee engagement survey within your organisation and report back and interpret the results with the client. Using our own software, we can provide live reporting in a variety of languages across the globe.
Our services include:
- Engagement Driver Identification
- Employee Engagement Item and Survey Design
- On-line engagement software
- SPSS Validation and Interpretation
- In-depth Organisational Reporting
- Benchmark Research
Talent & Development
Our aim is to provide people with relevant and inspirational learning experiences to focus their development in line with their aspirations and potential. Psychological principles, models and tools are fundamental to developing learning and development opportunities that bring together an organisation’s strategic objectives and their talent pool.
We can utilise a wide range of resources and tools to enable businesses to identify and harness their talent pool. These include:
- Development Centres
- 360 Design and Feedback
- 360 software and other question engines
- Psychometric Feedback
- Development Planning
- Level A & B BPS Training
- Emotional Intelligence
- Executive “Top Team” Development
- Succession Planning
Case Study – Recruitment Of A Chief Executive
Recruitment and Selection – Mental Health Care
Following a strategic HR review of the business (carried out by this consultant) the organisation wished to appoint it’s first Chief Executive. Our consultant was tasked with taking this from the Board decision, through to appointment.
Our consultant drew up a job description for the position of Chief Executive, which she agreed with the Chairman. She sourced advertising opportunities appropriate to the seniority and sector for the position and conducted the initial paper sift, in order to divert time consuming responsibilities from the Directors. She presented her initial short list to the Chairman and then circulated the list for consultation with all other Board members.
Following the short and invitation to interview, our consultant led on the selection event, advertising on the appropriate assessment methods (i.e. presentation and structured interview), as well as advising on the appropriateness and legality of interview questions.
Our consultant led on the de-brief discussion in making the final selection decision and informed all candidates.
Subsequently, she drew up the Service Contract for the appointment of the Chief Executive and holds the records of appointment for confidentiality.
The candidate selected by the panel was appointed and accepted the position. The individual has been a significant success and seen the company grow considerably since appointment. Board members were fully involved in the process, but were not given time consuming and onerous tasks – but rather asked to comment on existing proposals.
On completion of this project, the Board were so impressed with our consultant that they invited her to join the Board of Directors!
Whatever your recruitment needs are, we can help you.
We can help you to recruit the one-off appointments that you find difficult to fulfill through to major company wide recruitment campaigns where 100 staff are required. We can help you with designing and implementing assessment centres and tests through to conducting your interviews and designing your job specifications.
Please call, email or complete our online form today for a no-obligation chat. You will not be put through to any sales team. Instead you will be put through to our specialist HR recruitment consultants who will let you know what the options are.